Process to getting your loft conversion
- Feasibility survey of your loft space (free).
- Draft fixed-price quotation (free) estimate for the work within 7 working days.
- Follow-up queries, amends, visit show-lofts, meet previous customers.
- Arrange architect drawings and structural engineering calculations.
- Apply for Planning and Building Regulation Approvals. (allow 4-8 weeks).
- Materials order and establish scaffolding.
- Structural beams, floor and supports installed.
- Initial inspector visit.
- All roof work and dormers.
- Re-tiling of roof.
- Double glazing.
- Staircase and access install.
- Electrics, heating and plumbing.
- Carpentry and joinery.
- Final inspector visit.
- Hand-over. Guarantees/warranties issued.
First and foremost is the Feasability Study – which may have been done by another company but we need to be sure ourselves of what we can do for you. We will go through and explain our loft conversion process and recommend the most suitable options that meet your requirements.
We will send you a no-obligation, fixed price quotation. If you are happy with the service we have given and our price, then we will arrange a visit to one of our show homes and if required a visit from the architect.
Once complete, the architect/surveyor will present you with a copy of the drawings and on approval, submit them to The Planning Portal. Once instructed our planning team will visit you and discuss your ideal layout with the space available and outline all available options to you. Once the external and internal layout as been agreed, detailed drawings will be prepared for you. If you are happy then these will then be sent to the council for approval. This approval may be obtained either under permitted development or planning permission. In theory, if this is being done under permitted development, you could start building immediately, but most people prefer to have the Certificate of Lawfulness issued from the Council before we commence in which case please allow 4-8 weeks for this.
We are also able to offer each of our services as an individual package i.e. design only, or use of our consultants for loft advice. This is really useful for projects that already have plans drawn, and/or tradesmen in mind but need help organising or project managing their build. We can recommend tradesmen and you can take advantage of the discounts our suppliers give us. This may also encompass partial builds where we are only instructed to do the structural work for instance. Please call for further advice and rates.